News center
Masterful execution of their duties.

Electric motor overheats, spreads smoke

Aug 13, 2023

Aug 24, 2023

-Messenger photo by Bill SheaA Fort Dodge firefighter carries equipment into the Department of Human Services building, which is the former Wahkonsa School at 330 First Ave. N., after smoke was reported in the building. The problem was reported at 3:51 p.m. and the building was evacuated. Fire Department Capt. Steve Teske said an electric motor in a basement air handler burned up and distributed smoke throughout the building. He said the motor heated up to 400 degrees. Firefighters shut off electricity to the motor, but left the power on to the rest of the building. City police responded along with the Fire Department.

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

HUMBOLDT — Bring your coolers and lawn chairs to the 15th annual Rock n’ Picnic at Lower Sheldon Park, ...

Future growth in Webster County will be guided by a document approved by the Board of Supervisors Tuesday.The ...

Five seats on the Fort Dodge Community School District Board of Education will be on the Nov. 7 election ...

I'm interested in (please check all that apply) Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *